Debbie has over 30 years experience in health and fitness management in three countries. Her specialties include health and fitness programming, programs for women, and medical wellness programs.
Reebok Master Trainer / Director of Wellness at Caromont Health
B.A. • B.P.H.E. • M.A. • ACE • AFAA • ACSM • Can-Fit-Pro • YMCA Certified
Master of Business Administration
1998 University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario
Master of Arts (Recreation Management and Sports Administration)
1987 University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario
Bachelor of Arts (Health) and Bachelor of Physical Education
1985 Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario
Certified Fitness Instructor
• American College of Sports Medicine – ACSM (HFS)
• American Council on Exercise – ACE
• National Academy of Sports Medicine – NASM, (HFI)
• Aerobics & Fitness Association of America - AFAA
• Canadian Association of Fitness Professionals - Can-Fit-Pro
• Ontario Fitness Council – OFC
Certified Personal Trainer
• Ontario Fitness Council – OFC
Weight Training Instructor
• TRX SR STC Instructor
• Professor for ACSM, Bus. Management Track, USC, SC 2008
• Reebok University Master Trainer - International Team 1997 - present
• Professor or Fitness Management Course – USC, SC 2004
• Professor of Fitness Management Course – Algonquin College, Ottawa, ON, Canada 1998
• Canadian Competitive Aerobics Championships, Lead Technical Judge, ON, Canada 1995 – 1997
• Chairperson of Ontario Fitness Council, ON, Canada 1995 - 1997
• Master Trainer of Trainers –YM-YWCA , Ottawa, ON, Canada 1990 – 1998
• Trainer of Trainers for Fitness Ontario Leadership Program, Ottawa, ON, Canada 1993 – 1998
YM-YWCA Course Conductor
Basic Fitness Instructor Course
Group Fitness Instructor Course
Personal Trainer Course
Step Reebok Trained
Intro to Step
Power I and Power II
Cycle Reebok Instructor
Stability Ball and Body Bar Instructor
Registered Fitness Appraiser
First Aid certified
CaroMont Health Wellness Team wins NCHCA Eagle Award for Best Corporate Wellness Program in North Carolina. Featured in November 2011 edition of NCPP Newsletter.
CaroMont Wellness Program nominated for Charlotte's Healthiest Employer Award.
Fit Friendly 2009 "JUST ADDED"
IDEA 2007 and 2008 Top 3 Fitness Program Directors in the World
TWIN (Tribute to Women in Industry) Health and Wellness Award awarded by the Palmetto Center for Women for the State of SC
Health Directions was awarded the Best Medical Wellness Center less than 25,000 sq ft, open less than three years by the Medical Fitness Association
Lexington Medical Center's Employee Wellness Program recognized by American Heart Association as an official Gold Level Fit Friendly company - 2007 and 2008, featured in Forbes Magazine
Lexington Medical Center, Health Directions program was awarded the 2007 Worksite Fitness Award by the SC Governors Council on Physical Fitness
Recipient of the Ontario Fitness Council Leadership Award in Education in recognition for significant contribution to the educational process for the fitness field in the Province of Ontario for 1999.
Nominated for two years consecutively for the YWCA of Ottawa-Carleton Women of Distinction Awards in the Sport, Recreation and Fitness Leadership Category for teaching and training several thousand fitness leaders in the Ottawa-Carleton community.
Nominated for Canadian Mall Peepre Award in 1996 – 1997 presented by the National Fitness Leadership Advisory Council.
Lead Technical Judge for the Canadian Aerobic Championships from 1995 –1997.